Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I used to write these posts on my old blog, and they were so much fun, I figured why not start them again? So here is my Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for the Second Half of 2017:
1. June 6th: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen’s 13th novel! And it’s a summer book! Need I say more?
3. July 18th: The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
New York. Time Travel. Magic. Time Travel! Badass female character. TIME TRAVEL!
4. August 15th: In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
A nerdy, grumpy, unlikely hero falls through into another land. I haven’t loved much of Sarah Rees Brennan’s other work, but this sounds hilarious and amazing.
5. September 5th: Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas
The Chaol novella that became a novel. Apparently this will be set simultaneously with Empire of Storms, kind of like GRRM did with A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. Hopefully it won’t disappoint!
6. October 3rd: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling and Jim Kay
PoA is my favourite Harry Potter novel (followed very closely by OotP) so I am unbelievably excited to see how Jim Kay brings Lupin and Sirius and Dementors to life. This will be $50 very well spent.
7. October 10th: All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
Stiefvater Stiefvater Stiefvater. I will read her grocery lists.
8. October 10th: Berseker by Emmy Laybourne
I really enjoyed Monument 14, and I can already tell this new series will be my thing. Magic, Vikings, and Emmy Laybourne’s compelling writing can only make a good combination.
9. October 10th: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
“An East Asian fantasy reimagining of The Evil Queen legend” is literally all I had to read before I added it to my TBR. October will be painful for my wallet.
10. November 7th: Renegades by Marissa Meyer
I absolutely adore the The Lunar Chronicles, and this seems like it’ll be around the same vein. I haven’t read Heartless yet, and I know I should, but I’m already so excited for Renegades! I know it’ll be exactly my cup of tea.